Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New office -- where to find me

I'm getting moved into my new office now, so I'm cross-posting directions to my class blogs and the Message Board linked to my faculty page.

I'm in Beata Hall (the old Ursuline convent) across Eastman Street from St. Joe's parish and school. Either Room 31, if you go by the list of room assignments I've been given, or Room 8, if you go by the numbers on the doors. I've also attached my business card to the door.

To get there from Dawson, go out the south entrance and take the walk past Ursuline Academy. You'll go between the buildings, with the old building on the right and the gym on the left. Keep going through the parking lot, and there'll be a porch on the right (women's housing is straight ahead). On the south end of that porch, there's a door with a Christmas decoration. Go in the door, take the stairs just to the left and you'll be on the floor with faculty offices. They're in the hallway to the left at the top of the stairs. It takes a little less time to walk it than it does to give the directions!

Computer and phone are now hooked up ... you can reach me, as before, by phone at 525-1420 ext. 519 and by email at pellertsen@sci.edu. Email is usually better, but the voice mail in my office is working again.

2 comments:

steveo0587@ said...

I have noticed about the Alakskan natives is that the values taht they hold important to them, are vary similiar to the values that we today hold important too us. This shows that even though they might be from a much different more primitive time, it shows that they are still human and that humans havently really changed much over the years.. I haver also noticed that most of their culture involved survival, this is why most of the artwork we see about that culture usallly involves hunting, or what they hunted, and what was important to them

sisson said...

Looking at some of the art work done by Klaudia Klaudi’s is very interesting. She takes a look at the land and does outstanding paints of what she sees. She paints about the sun rising or setting. Also, she paints about the wild animals that they hunt for to eat and the wild wolf. They are running together as one. Klaudia also, paints about people that are around her I believe. The men are sitting next to the land and the sea showing respect to all. The other man is showing his respect to the animals’ by showing and bird flying in the air.
Klaudia show’s another painting of her more modern time. She paints about a plain that is either taking off or landing on the sea. This show a more modern or up to data culture. If they want to be modernized or not it looks like it is happening anyways.