Monday, October 10, 2011

Link to my free-lance story in Mel Bay Dulcimer Sessions

Cross-posted from The Mackerel Wrapper, my blog for journalism students at Benedictine University Springfield ...

In addition to teaching, I write free-lance articles. And my new story in the online magazine Mel Bay Dulcimer Sessions came out today. I wrote the story, and Mike Thomas of Springfield arranged the music. It's titled "'Children of the Heavenly Father' – A Swedish-American Hymn Arranged for Mountain Dulcimer," and it's available at http://dulcimersessions.com/?p=297 ...

Nice blurb on the homepage, too, by editor Lois Hornbostel:
A beautifully written article, music, mountain dulcimer tablature, and sound file from Peter Ellertsen and Michael Thomas on a lovely, historic Swedish-American hymn that plays beautifully on the mountain dulcimer – “Children of the Heavenly Father” from Jenny Lind.
In COMM 337, I'll walk you through the story and talk about the strategies I used writing it, the things that worked and some things that didn't.

No comments: