Friday, February 15, 2008

Equal time -- a Hillary Clinton ad

I've been waiting for this, ever since I posted a link to the video by will.i.am promoting Barack Obama's presidential campaign -- it's a chance to link to a video promoting his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton's campaign. It comes via "The Caucus," the New York Times' political blog. Tacked onto the end of a report on negative TV ads is this snippet:
And then, just a funny riff from the Clinton campaign. You know, she might as well have that Guitar Hero game. So we’re leaving you on a lighter note … maybe just because it’s Friday.
Though, sorry, it is so not T.G.I.F. It keeps going on, as you know. And maybe it’s her counter to the “Yes, We Can” video for Obama featuring will.i.am of the Black-Eyed Peas. Or hey, everybody has their air-guitar, even Physical Phil on “October Road,” who just played “Rock All Night” with a tennis racket. And uh, Fleetwood Mac, didn’t have that air game.
I offer this without comment; either I'm clueless, the New York Times is clueless or we're both clueless. The YouTube clip is embedded in the story, which also has a link to the the blog's story on the Obama video.

So far I haven't seen any musical videos for Republican front-runner John McCain, but I'll keep my eyes open. And GOP challenger Mike Huckaby, I understand, plays bass in a band called "Capitol Offense." I'll keep my eyes open for some of his stuff, too.

No comments: