Saturday, May 24, 2008

MIDI song files, mostly classical

Here's one I found when ... oh, I don't know what I was looking for ... it was a Saturday morning, and I needed to practice the songs for my gig at New Salem next month. So instead of woodshedding, I started doing keyword searches on "woodshedding." What else is a guy to do? And I found The Silvis Woodshed. It's a collection of MIDI files of classical and early folk musicians from "anonymous" and Anton C. Adlgasser to F.M. de Zulueta. Since I've never heard of either, I decided the website was worth bookmarking. It does have Bach, Beethoven, Buxtehude, Praetorius and a lot of others I have. Says the webmaster, George Silvis: "In the old days a singer would hide out in the woodshed to learn his notes. Now we have tools like midi to help us along. I hope for this page to be a collection of midi files and tools to help singers learn their notes so that they can be ready to turn it into music when they go to rehearsal."

No comments: