Saturday, August 08, 2009

Nordic music podcast from Northfield, Minn.

Multe Music, a weblog and podcast "[e]xploring the roots, shoots and fruits of Scandinavian and Nordic traditions" from KYMN radio in Northfield, Minn., a "town of cows, colleges and contentment" (the colleges are St. Olaf and Carleton) ... LATER: And a reference to a live music venue called the Contented Cow that went sailing right over my head, although I suspect I saw it - and heard it in the distance - when I was in downtown Northfield.


http://multemusic.com/

Northfield is a nice town, by the way. A couple of weeks ago Debi and I had some very good beef curry and chicken Tandoori on the porch of a restraurant overlooking a Carnegie library across the street from a Thrivent insurance office (formerly Lutheran Brotherhood) and a couple of blocks from a bank that was robbed by Jesse James. Kind of an all-American experience.

1 comment:

Ruth Marie Sylte said...

Thank you so much for the nice mention of Multe Music on your blog. I enjoy doing the show and hope others are enjoying hearing it. Next time you're planning to be in Northfield, let me know!