Monday, April 02, 2007

HUM 221: Proposals due Wednesday

On Wednesday, April 4, we will do two things:
1. I will collect your term paper proposals. Details below.

2. You will write the first draft of your reader response to a poem that I select for you.
But first, your proposals. Here is what I want you to do for them. In a page of double-spaced 12pt type, please tell me:

Who and/or what you plan to write about. In other words, what's your topic? If you know what you're going to say about it -- i.e. your working hypothesis -- be sure to let me know what it is. If not, a research question will do just fine.

Why did you choose that topic -- in other words, why does it interest you? Notice that this question is very similar to the first and second of the three questions I suggest that you ask yourself when writing a reader response.

You may get some ideas for what to say in your proposal by consulting an assignment sheet for the research proposal in Humanities 223, the roots music class I offer fall semesters, although it calls for a longer and more elaborate paper than I'm asking you for this semester in HUM 221.

No comments: