Friday, March 02, 2012

God's work, our hands - a note from Benedictine spirituality

Emailed March 1 by Fr. Steven Janoski, Director of Campus Ministry, Benedictine University Springfield ...

Campus Ministry Minute
Janoski, Steven A.
To: #All Springfield Campus Faculty; #All Springfield Campus Adjunct Faculty; #All Springfield Campus Staff; #All Springfield Campus Student
Cc:

Once upon a time, the ancients tell, past the seeker on a prayer rug came the beggars and the broken and the beaten. The pray-er was appalled and looking up to heaven cried out, "Great and loving God, if you are a loving God, look at these and do something!" And the voice came back from heaven, "I did do something. I made you."

A spirituality of work is that process by which I finally come to know that my work is God's work, unfinished by God because God meant it to be finished by me.

(from “The Spirituality of Work” by Sr. Joan D. Chittister, OSB, 1995)

No comments: